Through our carefully selected subcontractors, Almec offers a full service of metal finishes.
The choice of the best finish for metal depends on various factors such as the type of metal, the intended use, desired aesthetics, environmental conditions, and budget. Here are some common metal finishes and their characteristics:
- Creates a reflective and shiny surface.
- Suitable for decorative applications.
- Requires regular maintenance to keep its shine.
- Commonly used for stainless steel and aluminum.
- Creates parallel lines on the metal surface.
- Provides a matte appearance with a subtle texture.
- Helps to hide minor scratches and wear.
- Often used for appliances, architectural elements, and automotive parts.
- Typically used for aluminum.
- Forms a durable oxide layer on the surface, enhancing corrosion resistance.
- Allows for coloring through dyeing the anodized layer.
- Used in architectural elements, electronics, and consumer goods.
- A dry finishing process where powder is electrostatically applied and cured.
- Offers a wide range of colors and textures.
- Provides a durable and even finish with good corrosion resistance.
- Commonly used for outdoor furniture, automotive parts, and industrial equipment.
- Involves depositing a layer of metal onto another metal through an electrochemical process.
- Enhances appearance, corrosion resistance, and wear resistance.
- Common plating metals include chrome, nickel, and gold.
- Used in jewelry, automotive parts, and decorative items.
- Involves coating steel or iron with a layer of zinc to prevent rusting.
- Provides excellent corrosion resistance, especially in harsh environments.
- Commonly used for outdoor structures, fences, and utility poles.
Remember that the best finish for a specific application depends on your requirements and the properties of the metal involved.
At Almec we make sure your sheet metal finish is as per the specifcation and of the highest quality.